Marijane Meaker/Vin Packer/ M.E. Kerr/ Mary James/ Ann Aldrich Interview

Search Amazon.com for vin packer Search Amazon.com for marijane meaker 

Search Amazon.com for ann aldrich
Search Amazon.com for mary james 
  

Search Amazon.com for m.e. kerr
1.Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?


My father was a prolific reader and my mother was a world class gossip. I think the two made me a writer.

2.Can you share a little of your current work with us?

I am working on a book about sorority life in the 1950's in a

midwestern university.

3.Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

Every new book is challenging. How will I tell this story? How will I begin it? What is my agenda? How will it end? What will my characters be like. All of that.

4.Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

I have many favorites. Barbara Vine, Christopher Hitchens, Robert Cormier,Allegra Goodman etc.etc.

5.Do you have to travel much concerning your book(s)?

I have already traveled quite a lot with my family and as an adult.

But I do not write anything that depends on travel.

6.Who designed the covers?

The art department. I have an o.k. and I use it a lot.

7.What was the hardest part of writing your book?

It depends on the book. Books that require research are hard. My present book requires a knowledge of Poe. I am rereading many of

his stories and poems.

8.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

I have learned from every book and I have written 60. The one thing I've learned is the value of rewrite.

9.Do you have any advice for other writers?

Read, read, read. And learn the value of rewrite.

10.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

Thanks for reading me.

Marijane Meaker/Vin Packer/ M.E. Kerr/ Mary James/ Ann Aldrich.

website http://www.mekerr.com/













FreeKibble.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dawn Colclasure Guest Post

Tricia Stewart Shiu Guest Post

Blogariffic Blog Hop Information Post!