Martha Freeman Interview



 


I had the pleasure of interviewing Martha Freeman. Don't forget to check out her books! (Above are some, but certainly not all!)


1. What is it like to be an author?


Fun! Writing is hard work, but I like not having to commute or dress up. I also get to meet kids at schools, and I enjoy that.





2. What advice would you give future authors/anyone who wants to become an author?

Finish your writing projects.





3. How many books have you written?

16 I think.





4. Which book that you wrote is your favorite?

I don't really have a favorite.





5. What authors inspire you?

I like Hilary McKay, Louis Sachar, Anne Fine, and Beverly Cleary -- among many, many other authors for children.





6. What are your favorite books you did not write yourself?

It changes. I really liked Tracy Kidder's "Mountains Beyond Mountains." It's inspiring (speaking of inspiring).





7. Is there anything you do to help keep your brainpower flowing? What do you do when you have a mental block?

I skip to another section of the book and work on that, or I switch to another writing project, or I fold laundry.





8. What age groups do you prefer to write for?

Most of my books are for ages 7-12, but I have a book for teens ("A Thousand Reasons Never to Kiss a Boy") and one for new readers ("Mrs. Wow Never Wanted a Cow.")





9. How did you get into writing?

It's the only thing I'm good at.





10. Thank you! Is there anything you want to say or have me put up on my blog for you?

There's a lot of information on my website, marthafreeman.com.

Comments

  1. Sorry it's so spaced out. It wasn't like that when I put it up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dawn Colclasure Guest Post

Tricia Stewart Shiu Guest Post

Blogariffic Blog Hop Information Post!